Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Things that fly

So, there's this bird that flies down into the parking lot outside my place every morning and plays with its reflection on the top of one of the cars. Maybe it's trying to mate. Maybe it's trying to fight. Maybe it's trying to play. Maybe it's trying to take a waterbath in the shiny metal. I don't know. But it entertains us every morning. So this morning, I slowly slipped outside through the screen door and recorded it with our nifty digital camera.



In other news, the Conference went great. I really enjoyed hanging around a large group of Community Psychologists in the Southeast of the US. I had no idea there were so many of us out there, and it was nice to know that if I wind up getting a job round there after I graduate, that there is a community of us there waiting for me. I met some really great people. My talk went really well. I was quite pumped by the experience, and would definitely like to do it again.

Also I had a great time hanging with the family. I got to carry around Diego a lot, and that was cool because he's awesome. I got to hang with my sisters and brother. Got to meet Kate, who is also awesome. Got to go to school with Mom and speak to, and then with, a bunch of teenage girls about mission and vocation and social justice. Got to drink coffee with my Dad, and then he showed me how to make bullets in the garage.

So, yup. Totally successful trip. I'm dead beat, though, and I've been sleeping quite well these past couple days since I got home. I'll write something thought provoking later on. For now, about all I can handle is wibble wibble.

peace, y'all.

No comments: