Sunday, October 28, 2007

NaNoWriMo

I did it. I joined National Novel Writing Month. Which is November. I am going to write a novel in November. My 'thank you for joining us you probably won't regret this' email said that I should tell everyone I know that I am going to write a novel in November because, ahem,

"This will pay big dividends in Week Two, when the only thing keeping you from quitting is the fear of looking pathetic in front of all the people who've had to hear about your novel for the past month. Seriously. Email them now about your awesome new book. The looming specter of personal humiliation is a very reliable muse."

So yes. Without fail, I am going to write a full and complete novel in the month of November. Nothing could stop me from doing this. There is absolutely no chance that I will quit or fail. Everyone will bow before me because I will have accomplished what... only 13,000 of 79,000 people managed to do last year. Which means I will be the only one (in this chair) who will do it this year! And the crowds will applaud and worship me for my superior... havingdonethisness. It's gonna be sweet.

I'm sure I've heard about this before, but it was Gina who told me about it this time. So I looked it up, because I've been tinkering with some stories since I got into Hawaii. And what the hell, I've never written a novel in a month. Now's as good a time as any, and possibly a better time than most. Wish me luck. It would be pretty sweet if I pulled this one off.

Oh yeah, www.nanowrimo.org

3 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Good luck with NaNo, we only have 3 days to go now!!!

Anna said...

It's about time you got started, because I've been getting pretty sick of hearing about your novel all month. It's novel this, and novel that. You were starting to look pretty pathetic.

Anonymous said...

Neat. I actually heard about this a few months ago and then yesterday (ironically since I just read your post) remembered it and realized it was past the 1st. Good luck. Hope to read it when you're done.

-heidi