Saturday, May 24, 2008

Some things I've learned...

I. Physical therapy on my foot hurts. But my foot hurts anyway, so it may as well hurt in a productive way.

II. Whiskey helps the pain better than ibuprofen. Too bad I can't just take two of those in the morning.

III. Lemon juice does not make a very good conditioner. I will stick with vinegar. Yup, still doing the baking soda/vinegar thing instead of the shampoo/conditioner thing. My hair is great.

IV. Baking soda also makes a great antiperspirant/deodorant. No sweat, no smell, no plastic packaging to throw away afterward.

V. One of the problems with globalization is that when a larger community subsumes a smaller community, the larger community assumes that the smaller community has the same values and wants. But not everyone wants the same thing. Smaller communities may not want an improvement in commerce. They may just want to stay a small community. They may like their country values and laid-back lifestyle. Not everyone wants what you want, as strange as that may seem to you.

VI. There are a number of other problems with globalization. But we can talk about that some other time.

VII. I really enjoy neighborly interchanges. I gave Walter tres leches that I made. He gave me chicken and rice that he made. "Try some local food," he said. I did.

VIII. It was good.

1 comment:

Jérémie said...

Well that wisdom certainly was worth one year of Psych grad school!