Thursday, March 13, 2008

Riting Kan Bee Fun

It seems all I do is write anymore. Don't get me wrong. I am not complaining. As it turns out, I really enjoy writing. I even enjoy writing academic type things, which is good because there is much to be done in that arena.

I took a couple weeks off from fiction writing in February because I just couldn't get any of my stories together. It was really getting me down too. After managing nanowrimo and then a couple more month-long novels after that, I thought I had lost my touch. I was quite pleased with the video we made for Showdown in Chinatown this month. I had a lot of fun writing it with Tony, and actually, I think that was the first time I actually sat down with another person and wrote something together. Great fun.

So now, on to my next project. It's nanoedmo, which means it is time to edit that month-long novel that I slammed out without any regards to structure or content. I looked at it this week for the first time in months. I read through the whole thing. And... it's actually not that bad. It's actually pretty durned entertaining. I actually think there's a publish-worthy novel in there. And no, Jeremie, you may not read it yet, even if it's not as bad as I feared.

Because first, it needs a whole hell of a lot of work. But I'm pleased with it, and so I'm working on structure and content. I'll get a readable first draft and then I'll send it around to whoever wants to read and review (and beta, in J's case).

Problem is, April is Script Frenzy. Yup, write a 100 page script in a month. Woohoo! I have an idea that I think will be fun to explore, so I'm gonna go with that. Fun times ahead.

In the meantime, it turns out that I'm still in grad school. I have a pretty big paper I'm working on right now, and after that I'll have a couple more pretty big papers to work on. It'll be great. I'm still hopeful that I can propose my Masters research this semester, but I will have to work quite hard to get to that point. And so, I will work quite hard. I've already made a couple of contacts for people to interview, and it seems as though my research is on the right track in the communities' eyes. That is nice.

I also have a couple of job possibilities coming my way for next school year. I'll let you know as that develops, because it promises to be interesting.

Eh, sorry. Guess I'm all writed out. No great cleverness at ol' 82andsunny today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to read your novel. -heidi