Friday, December 14, 2007

Satisfaction Not Guaranteed

...because I've had the flu and it just may have stolen all my creativity. So, here's a potentially boring update of things.

1) I had the flu. It sucked. I spent have of the time in denial that I was really that sick, and half of the time complaining about how I wanted to do things. I don't know what it is about the flu. I guess I just can't stand having all the energy sucked out of me and so in retaliation against the sickness I come up with all sorts of really exciting things that I must do today and cannot wait until next week. Like, going to the library. Or cleaning my bathroom. Of course, because I have the flu I wind up not really doing any of that, or I wind up doing a half-assed job of it. Most all of my trips out of the house this week got me a block away before I gave up and went back to bed. Keep in mind, too, that I was in denial about the flu. Which is why I left the house to begin with.

2) Before I got the flu Michael had a birthday and the newby CCCers had a party to celebrate our first semester finished and then... hm, kind of fuzzy on the timeline thing just now... at some point Michael finished his first semester of college and we ate Indian food and it was good.

3) The newby CCCers (me, Gina, and Melodi) inherited responsibility for the Lokahi Adopt-A-Family program and so we've been soliciting donations while I've been sick (I was in charge of emails) and this weekend we'll go shopping for stuff (I'm in charge of books) and next week we'll deliver it to a family in need. Much aloha. It's actually kind of nice. Not quite the crazy excitement/effort/insanity of the Pantry last year, but it makes me feel like I'm still involved. Also makes me feel homesick for the pantry.

4) A group of us from Oahu nanowrimo have continued on into December. Some of us are writing a new novel (like me), some of us are editing last month's novel, some of us are completing last month's novel. I dig this group of folks. They're geeky writers like me and we have a good time at the write-ins. There's a movie night tonight, but I'm skiving off because I did wind up going to the library today and it wore me the frig out. Sad story because a lot of them are going home to various places over Christmas so I won't see them again for a bit. Ah well.

5) I got accepted to the Quentin Burdick Summer Practicum. I'll be going to Honokaa on the Big Island (the one that's named Hawaii) for six weeks over the summer to do interdisciplinary work with the community, hopefully developing or furthering a program they can continue on after we've left. Oh, I'm so excited!

Mmmmmm... I'm sure there's more but later. I'm tired. Gonna have dinner and lay down.

Love muchly!

No comments: