Monday, November 5, 2007

Acclimated

So, have I mentioned it's been raining here?

Yesterday (Sunday) I didn't see the sun at all. There was no sunshine. It really bothered me, even though full-on rainy days with no sunshine have happened all throughout my life in the other locations I've lived. And... and I put on a sweatshirt yesterday evening. It couldn't have been less than 75 degrees, and I put on a sweatshirt because I thought it was kind of chilly. Nine months ago I didn't wear sweatshirts on 45 degree days. WTF has happened to me?!

Well, anyway, this has just proven to me (as if there was any doubt) that I'm a warm-weather person. It took two years to get used to Chicago winters, and I never really liked them, although I did learn how to appreciate the brisk just-above-freezing temperatures that had always seemed frigid to me before. But here I've gone and acclimated to Hawaii in just over 3 months. Yup. Definitely a warm-weather person.

Michael has vowed to continue making fun of people who put on sweaters here for as long as he possibly can. Until he, too, is one day forced to put on a sweater. Don't tell him, but I don't think that day will ever come.

Word count of the best fantasy novel ever to be in the writing process: 10,999.

Everything I wrote today was crap, but it's marking the place for where I want the well-written conversations about various things to go. And you know? This whole kamikaze approach to writing is so much fun. It takes all the pressure off so that I can really just enjoy putting the story together. I'm really digging this project. It's awesome.

No comments: